If you a regular reader of Insightful Mommy, you will appreciate this update. If you a new visitor, welcome – I hope you find value in what I’m sharing with you.
I thought I’d check in and see how many views my documents are getting from the document sharing sites I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
Remember that document sharing sites are websites that you submit your articles or guides or reports to that reach a wider audience than simply posting to your blog. It’s a way to get more readers, more exposure and, in turn, more sales.
So here’s my update:
- The one I submitted on Scribd.com has gotten 17 views. One that I submitted about 2 weeks prior to that had 26 views. But here’s the kicker – one that I just submitted last night has 287 views today! I can only attribute this to the subject matter. They are all written in exactly the same style, same font, same length – so it must be a better topic. I will keep writing about this!
- The one I submitted on Yudu.com had 4 views total for my 3 documents.
- Those from Issuu.com only had 2 views on the oldest document and 4 views on the document from 2 weeks ago. The newest one submitted yesterday has nothing so far.
- On DocStoc.com numbers were about the same – 3 views on the oldest document and 1 view on the one from 2 weeks ago. I forgot to put my newest article on there, so I’ll have to check on those numbers in the next few days.
- And on Docshare.com something must have gone wrong with my upload. It is showing that I have no documents uploaded. I will look in to that one as well.
I also found another website that I will share with you – www.edocr.com. I uploaded one to it last night. Upon checking the numbers, it got 2 views.
So, from all these document sharing sites, Scribd.com is showing the best numbers by far. Definitely seems like I should focus solely on submitting there and forget the other sites.
However, I hopped over to Google Analytics to see the actual click-thru rate to my website. There were only 2 click-thrus from the document sharing sites. And you will never guess where they came from…
I guess I won’t discount the other sites just yet
Well, I won’t dwell too much on the numbers – they are what they are. And, believe me, I have to fight it to not dwell and research and study them till I go cross-eyed. But, I have a renewed focus from my coaching call and mastermind group, so I’m moving on to more important things that I am working on.
I will be very interested to see what the click-thru rate from Scribd.com is after Analytics is updated tonight. With 287 views, there must be some click-thrus, right?!