Increase Website Traffic in 10 Easy Steps
Whether you have a blog or a full fledged website, an increase website traffic technique is something we all need on a daily basis.
Website traffic is the end all be all of the success of your website or blog. So it would be without hesitation that I say that an increase in website traffic could make a world of difference in your site or blog going from very little visitors to exploding!
But just how to increase website traffic without getting too bogged down is the challenge.
If you look around the Internet, you’ll find tons of resources offering to increase website traffic and all sorts of other products and services.
Here are 10 easy steps you can take to increase website traffic:
- Install the All-in-One SEO pack – this WordPress plugin automates your SEO. In other words, you put in your keywords and description when you first install the plugin and then you don’t have to worry about it again. SEO is a whole other topic for discussion, but optimizing your blog or website is a good idea – you never known when one of your posts could be boosted to the top of the search engines!
- Submit your blog to BlogCatalog – this is a blog community and if you update your blog regularly, you will be in for some major traffic.
- Ping your site. Pingoat is a site that you can use to “ping” your updated content. Think of pinging as rattling the search engines cages. It tells them “updated content, updated content!” Pingoat won’t let you do this too often though – about once a month is plenty.
- Write articles. If this list was in order of importance, write articles would be near the top to increase website traffic. Post the articles you write to your own site first, then after they are indexed by Google, submit them to article directories for syndication.
- Submit articles to EzineArticles and IdeaMarketers. These sites are great for content syndication. Ezine has a longer approval process – I’ve waited up to 7 days before. Ideamarketers is approved instantly. Ezinearticles is the well-known standard for content syndication. IdeaMarketers was mentioned to me by a multimillion dollar internet marketer, so needless to say, I submit there as well.
- Guest blog. Being a guest blogger presents so many wonderful opportunities for your blog and the host blog. You get to meet a new audience and the host gets to offer their readers a new perspective. It’s a win-win.
- Offer a giveaway. Whether you focus on giveaways or have never done one before, offering something of value to your readers will dramatically increase your traffic and followers.
- Get on Twitter. Twitter is where people gather – give out interesting information and then drive them back to your site. You can also spread the word about your giveaway. Twitter is a great platform for offering your product to people – readers love free stuff!
- Same with Facebook – get on there and mention your free item. Discuss it with other people; give them helpful tips about your product or even directly from your product. Then drive them back to your website.
- Get active in your community. To increase website traffic, go where the people are. This is a long held marketing strategy. Getting active and helping others will more than increase website traffic.
Website and blog owners are in a relationship building business. Everywhere we turn, there are people to reach out to and network with, just take action and communicate with them.
By implementing all of these steps on a regular basis, making a campaign out it, you will see your increase website traffic campaign bring thousands of new visitors to your site.
Like this post? Do share!