The hunt for good list building tips just became clearer. For any business owner, online or offline, having list of subscribers often means the difference between having someone to send your latest promotions out to and having to forage for listeners.
If you’ve heard the saying, the money is in the list, then you probably think that it sounds like a pretty good business model. And it is.
But, let’s go a step further and add that “the money is in the relationship you have with your list.” A list is only as good as what you mold it to be.
As the business owner, you are in control of the relationship you develop with your list. Good quality messages will get your correspondence opened; lousy sales offers will send you into the junk pile.
Here are some of the best tips for list building:
- You need a freebie. A freebie is an item that you will give away to people who fill in their name and email address to get on your list. Freebies are an excellent way of offering people something of value to sign up with you.
- Your freebie needs to be targeted. A free report on vegetable gardening is not targeted to the Internet Marketing crowd. In the same sense that a blogger won’t necessarily find value in a report on making money with Amazon – a few might, but you want to target your audience better than that.
- The free offer sets the tone for the whole relationship. There are times when you can send an off-the-wall offer to your list, but that is only after you’ve established a relationship with them. Your initial list building efforts should focus entirely on applicable value-added products and services that compliment your free offer.
- Here is one of the best list building tips around: Find a sweet spot with your list. Find a system that works for them responding to your offers. Maybe it’s 3 value emails and then a product to buy, maybe it’s four and then something to buy. Finding the sweet post will be a great accomplishment, as this will guide you as to how to structure your offers in the future.
- What to send? Sending valuable information always is a good thing – a tip from a course everyday or other valuable tips you find online. Something that makes them say “Wow that was helpful” when they read it.
- Ask them. This list building tip always seems to get forgotten. The easiest way to find out what people want is to ask them. Ask your list or ask on your blog or website. Find out what concerns people are having.
- Don’t wait to start sending emails. Mail to your list as soon as you get one person on there. Just like everything else in life, the more you do it, the better you get. So mail as soon as you see that first subscriber pop up in your autoresponder.
While list building tips are essential for getting started with list building, just taking action on the right steps is even more essential.
Building a list can be a stiff learning curve – get step by step guidance complete with list building tips to start seeing your subscriber count increase everyday.