There’s never enough time when you need it, like when you have a million things to do in one day and can’t even seem to get the first thing done on time.
And it creeps by so slowly when you wish it would hurry up.
When it comes to an online business, is there ever enough time to get everything done in one day?
No, never -
And then when you do have the time, do you get started on something thinking it is a good use of time when really it just killed a lot of it?
Got 10 Minutes? Let’s Get to Work.
Here are 10 things you can do in 10 minutes to move your business forward everyday:
- Write a blog post. A blog post is a great way to get some fresh content in the marketplace. Content is the thing that draws visitors to your blog. The great thing about blog posts is that they also have the potential for being re-purposed. So, write a blog post or two (schedule one to publish later).
- Share some of your posts on Twitter and retweet other’s posts. Getting on Twitter for a certain amount of time a few times a day is ideal. It does not have to be a long stretch. Allocate a few minutes to sharing some content and you could potentially drive hundreds of visitors to your site!
- Write an email to someone you’d like to connect with. Reaching out to someone on an individual basis is a highly effective marketing strategy. Coming from an offline marketing background, I can attest that personalized attention still rules!
- Comment on a few blogs. Read a few blogs and make some insightful comments. Easy.
- Write an article and submit it to an article directory. This is easier than you think – and here’s a secret I’ll share with you to make the process super easy. Take one of your blog posts, click copy and head over to ezinearticles and click paste in the article box. Very simple. Reference how to write an article for syndication for even more ideas.
- Send an email to your list to recommend a great product or service. Are you using a helpful tool or plugin or service that works really well for you? Well, don’t hold back – share it with your list!
- Hop on a forum and answer a few questions. If you Google your niche and the word forum there will likely be several forums that appear in the search results. Look at the questions being asked – if you know the answer to them, jump in and answer them.
- Get on Facebook and update your status, quickly ‘like’ and comment on other people’s posts. Facebook is a time trap for me, so I always use a timer or just watch my clock. But I have found that I can quickly update my status, check out what’s going on in a few groups I’m in and comment/like appropriately all within 10 minutes.
- Write a thank you note or email. Saying thank you is something that I learned from a top-producing Realtor I used to work for. She wrote thank you cards everyday. If cards aren’t your thing, send a quick email to someone who has helped you out in some way – there’s got to be a few right?!
- Take action on something you’ve thought about starting but haven’t. Maybe that eBook that’s been in the back of your head. Maybe trying your hand at videos (that one’s for me!). Maybe checking out some new product or service.
The idea behind all these tips is to take action on things that will inevitably move your business forward. Too often, actions don’t lead to anything productive. With every action, every process you put into motion, consider if it’s a forward moving action or just a busybody action.
And just stick with the ones that are moving your business forward!
Like these ideas? Please share them!