It’s always nice to get thanked and mentioned by others. Particularly when it comes at a time when you’ve been working your hardest and you’re waiting for it all to come to fruition.
You probably get mentioned and your content gets shared on places like Twitter and Facebook. Maybe you write a great blog post and you hear kudos in your blog comments. Or maybe someone’s even reached out to you personally, by email, and thanked you for what you do.
But while there are several ways to give kudos to someone, awarding someone maybe one of the least used, yet widely appreciated.
I have my blogger friend, Carol Lynn Rivera to give my utmost gratitude to for this one…
In humbling accepting this award, I offer some insight into the offline me…
7 Things about Me
- I enjoy the summer heat. I live in Texas where we’ve had 100+ days for about 2 weeks now. Strange, but I enjoy it.
- I have a knack for cake decorating. I’ve created some magnificent cakes – even as high as 3 stacked tiers. Birthday cakes, special occasions, holidays, I ‘ve done them all. All self taught too.
- I’m a coffee addict. Yes, even in the Texas heat. And a coffee snob I might add. I can tell the difference between Folgers and my Starbucks Dark French Roast.
- I don’t care for TV. Well I have watched it occasionally, with the Olympics being on, but normally I’m not a big fan. I love movies though.
- I love research – and with the Internet at my fingertips, it’s even more fun.
- I’ve been in sales and marketing the majority of my professional life – self-employed for most of it. Prior to starting my online business, I had a technology phobia and wasn’t even consistent about checking my email!
- I love to teach and help others – I wanted to be a school teacher years ago. But I’ve since discovered I enjoy teaching adults more than kids.
In keeping with the award spirit, it’s time to pass the torch along to other fellow female bloggers who exemplify greatness in their field. Here are a few of my favorite ladies in the blogosphere:
Martha Giffen is the ultimate social media diva. Not only that, she’s kind and truly wants to help you in your social marketing efforts. Meeting her in person was like talking with a friend I’d known for years. She’s a true coach and helped me back when I had no idea what or how to use social media and for that, she gets an award.
Michelle Mahoney has created the phenomenal Kick Ass Business News that helps business owners find their true clients by attraction, not by hunting them down. Even though she’s a busy lady, she still finds time to help anyone and everyone as much as possible.
Lisa Shaughnessy from Agility Social Cues is one to take notes from – she’s in the focused niche of fitness. But more than that, she also has social media expertise that she shares on her blog. And she knows her stuff. Her website is a wealth of information.
So, again, I appreciate this award and my day is brightened because of it. Visit these ladies’ blogs and see what great things they have cooking.